On Friday, March 25, 2011 01:10:50 PM Roland Jollivet did opine:

> My apologies. I do agree, and is actually a pet gripe on many technical
> documents littered with acronyms. But when mails on this forum are
> littered with stuff like;
> #<t-wid+> = [[#<_t-len>] * 0.50000]   one assumes MPG (Manual Pulse
> Generator) is understood. It's mentioned at least once a week.
>
> Regards
> Roland

Hey, that wasn't littering, it was a legit question I thought. ;)  Besides,
I needed a fudge factor so it would start bigger than the end of the stick
and cut a clean tenon with the side of the bit, so the math got a wee bit
more complex than that, but I cut the first 4 yesterday, but not without
contending with both bit and collete run out.  It turned out the mortises I
dug were also tapered, getting tighter at the bottom, but I've a decent fit
for gluing anyway.

--
Cheers, Gene
<http://tinyurl.com/ddg5bz>