On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Dave <e...@dc9.tzo.com> wrote:

> I don't want to run EMC2 on the tablet, but it sure would be nice if
> there was some way to use these tablets as a client connected to a PC
> running EMC2.
>
> Just comparing apples to apples (sort of) they are now selling 10"
> Android tablets for $200 yet the cheapest  dumb 10" touchscreen at
> MP3car.com is 229.00 and that is a USB connected screen which I am not
> sure would even work with
> Linux.    A real screen with a 16:9 ratio area and a real VGA input
> starts at $249 and goes up from there.

I have been working with touch screens. I have found the Elo USB touch
screens will work with no configuration or calibration. In fact, I have been
able to use them immediately after boot to install Ubuntu on a pc. I don't
know about the MP3car.com units but I would not be afraid of them if their
website shows Linux drivers.

> I suspect that tablets will continue to fall in price but I am not so
> sure about small monitors.
>
> Are there better places to buy small touch screen monitors?

I buy ebay touch screens.

Stuart

--
dos centavos