This app for Android was just released.

http://www.androidtabletworld.com/android-news/teamviewer-remote-desktop-app-for-android-goes-gold

A lot/most of these Android tablets support Wifi.

If I install a USB Wifi stick into my control PC and I run this app on
an Android tablet, (and assuming it works) establish a PC to Android
tablet link via Wifi, can you guys see any reason why I would not be
able to pull up the Linux desktop on the tablet?

I'm not thinking of using the tablet as the main control screen for
EMC2, but as an auxiliary screen for monitoring.

I also have another non-EMC2 related Linux application where using Wifi
would be a great benefit versus running an Ethernet cable.

Since the tablet can also run untethered entirely, it opens up a lot of
opportunities (at least in my mind.. ;-) )

This Android app is available free for non commercial use.  :-)    So
the price is right.

Does anyone have an Android tablet that they really like and works well
on Wifi?    I'm looking for recommendations.

Dave