Hi,  I started this thread a month or so ago and wanted to give you an
update.  A couple weeks ago I updated my BIOS on my Intel D525
motherboard - it was about 3-4 revs behind.  I did it to fix a shut
down problem I was having.  At the same time I turned off S.M.A.R.T.
monitoring as I have a SSD and don't think I need that.  Well, I
haven't seen the error since.  My latency numbers are no better than
before at about 14us which is fine for a servo thread only system.
Then again the latency test never did show the huge numbers that I got
from dmsg after the error.  So, I get to keep the hyperthreading and
don't have to isolate a cpu - Yeah!
Joel