On 06/10/2011 04:21 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 10 June 2011 23:53, Jack Coats<j...@coats.org>  wrote:
>>   They seem to support MACH3, but not apparently EMC2 (or at least not
>> documented well).
> It has a PWM input, so EMC2 control would be trivial.
>
> However, it is rather expensive, and duplicates on-board a number of
> things that EMC2 would do for free. I have closed-loop PID control on
> my milling machine using built-in EMC2 functions and a PWM output from
> EMC2 to the motor drive.
>
> You should be able to use something like
> http://grizzly.amazonwebstore.com/Grizzly-G3555-Router-Speed-Control-20/M/B0000DD1R4.htm?traffic_src=GB&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=GB&id=uk
> (Mainly as a cheap source of pre-assembled parts) with EMC2 PWM and a
> very simple interface circuit taking the place of the potentiometer.

I noted a very similar looking controller at Harbor Frieght for $19. Has
anybody hacked on one of these to drive the pot from EMC?

Once I finish getting my mill basically operational, a router speed
controller is next on my list. For now, of course, I could just rig up
some sort of tach and twiddle the pot by hand to the the desired speed,
but...

-Pete