On 22 June 2011 21:30, Lars Andersson <l...@larsandersson.com> wrote:

> G-code generated for me uses E for plastic extrusion feed. Up to now I edit
> axis E to axis A (almost automatically) before running, but I would like not
> to do this extra step.

E already has a meaning in EMC2 G-code. It would be difficult for the
interpreter to decide if your E was an extruder position command or a
thread taper, or an analogue input number. Admittedly it already copes
with differentiating between the latter two uses.

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"