Hi,

You could always just purchase one of these. :)

http://homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=38

or

http://homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21

It does exactly what you are after.

Cheers,

Peter.

On 23/06/2011 12:19 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 22 June 2011 04:12, Edward Bernard<yankeelena2...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have thought about replacing the potentiometer  with an interface to
>> EMC2 and would love to hear any ideas to accomplish  this. My first thought
>> was
>> to use an Arduino board to accept a PWM  signal and control a digital pot.
>> Any
>> better (simpler) ideas?
>
> I think this circuit ought to work
> https://picasaweb.google.com/bodgesoc/Gibbs#5621046688941452194
> Which is something I have meant to try for a while.
> I have a feeling I have drawn it before, and that time I was more
> confident in it, I think I have left out some critical resistors.
>
> The idea is that it converts a 5V PWM to a completely isolated
> voltage, which could be to a different reference, and of a different
> magnitude. I imagine connecting it in place of the pot on a VFD for
> example, or to the 100V floating pot terminals on a KBIC controller.
>
> It is effectively half of a H-bridge, +5 PWM turns on an opto that
> discharges the capacitor, and 0v PWM turns on an opto that charges the
> cap.
>
> As-drawn there is a problem that unconnected PWM turns on both optos...

eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
Web   : http://www.homanndesigns.com     ModIO     - Modbus Interface Unit
email : pe...@homanndesigns.com          DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
Phone : +61 421 601 665                  TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board