Am 19.07.2011 um 11:31 schrieb Javier Ros:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if gladevcp application can be started up just from a HAL
> session, as an
> standalone application not depending on AXIS or other interface, but just on a
> developer's choice of hal components?.

Javier -

I'm a bit unclear what you mean by "starting from just a HAL session" - do you
mean "without interpreter and task executor"?

If this is what you're referring to: I would guess that would be a HAL-only
application without any of NML-based components like UI, task, interpreter,
iocontrol

without testing it I would think that would amount to:
- modifying the emc shell script to not start milltask, the UI, and iocontrol
- modify it to start your gladevcp app

I would think it is possible to run just HAL, yes - I'd need to check if there
are any references in the HAL widgets to the emc and gcode Python modules which
assume task and interpreter

-Michael