Michael,

Thanks very much.

By  "starting from just a HAL session", I mean to do something similar to the
tutorial on HAL (in the HAL manual), in which you use "halrun" to load
different components
and to connect them together.

To be able to launch a gladevcp application, so that it
can be used as a interface application to arbitrary hardware or RT
componentes, would be great!.

I understand form your emails that this is indeed possible :) .

 IMO, this amount as to have a kind of simulink or labview,
really easy to use but focused on RT applications running on linux
compatible hardware,
and ready to work with different RT systems:

Hard RT -> RTAI, LinuxRT
Almost Hard RT -> Preempt-RT
Soft RT -> Threads

I'm beginning to think that HAL, could be a package on its own, and
maybe galdevcp, and any
other part you to develop RT control / simulation,... to be deployed in
general terms not necessarily related to machining machining applications.

My thesis is that HAL high quality layer over a different RT paradigms
that makes really easy
to any body to work with such a kind of systems.  Form my working
directly with RTAI or Threads
is much more complex, and I don't feel at least at the moment that I'm
loosing anything important
(including performance) when I'm working with HAL.

I think that this can be really useful for a lot of people, not only
people wiling to do machining,
and that this can attract more people to work these projects, and may
be to make easier the
maintenance of the whole EMC ecosystem in the long term.

What is your opinion?.

Thank you,

Javier