On 20 July 2011 15:55, Colin K <cwk....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, let's say that, with tool 2 in the spindle, I jog up so I can just
> slide a 2" 123 block under the tool. This would give me Z2. If I execute M6
> T1 G43, the Z-axis DRO should change to a value like 2.250" to reflect that
> T1 is about .250" shorter (less stickout) than T2.

Yes, that is what should happen.
Out of interest, does it take the correct value with a tiny jog? I
think I have noticed that the DRO sometimes doesn't seem to update
with non-motion changes. (Actually, I think flicking from preview to
DRO tabs forces and update)

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"