Hey Peter,

thanks for your reply to my earlier post.

Well, I understand the points you made perfectly, however I'd still like
to try compiling my own firmware - because changing the firmware beats
fixing the custom pcbs that I ordered already :(.

Besides it would be a useful ability to make changes anyway, even if it
does not work this time.

I have W3 down on the 7i43 now, so the pullups on the card are disabled.
I have optocouplers on the output pins on my pcb and I hope that the
fpga's pulldowns once enabled will be sufficent to drive them low once
the fpga is initialised with gpio pins as inputs. I the tests I made in
the last days, all my outputs stayed low before loading the 7i43 hal
module, so I assume that I'll be alright.

What is the procedure for synthesising my own firmware for the 7i43 ?

I have seen the the firmware file on the mesanet website here:
http://www.mesanet.com/software/parallel/7i43.zip

When I extract the 7i43.zip file, is this the correct directory for the
firmware for emc2: ?
7i43/CONFIGS/HOSTMOT2/EPPHM2/SOURCE

If it is the correct directory, which one of the two files shall I use ?
7i43epphm2.zip
hm2src.zip

How do I get the ise project file ? I tried executing the tcl file, but
I got a ton of errors ?
$ tclsh ./hostmot2_import.tcl
ERROR: A problem occured loading library libCit_CoreStub.so.
couldn't load file "libCit_CoreStub.so": libCit_CoreStub.so: cannot open
couldn't load file "libCit_CoreStub.so": libCit_CoreStub.so: cannot open
....many more error messages follow .....

Will the firmware from your website work with the current hal software
driver in emc2, or do I need to use a different version ?

I have ISE 12.3 installed: Do you happen to know whether that version
will work ?

Thanks
BR
Max.