I am using amc BE40a40ac.  I am sure they are very spendy new.  They are 40a
peak (20cont) peak 400v max.  I am using some old inland servos.  early 80's I
would say.

http://electronicsam.com/images/KandT/DSC_0242.JPG

160v is about what we are running for a max of 1200rpm with these servos

They are about 1 amp/ft-lb - so with these amps I get 20ft-lbs cont.
(calculates out to about 4tons of force at the axis)

sam