On 18 August 2011 20:52, Clint Washburn <cl...@clintandheidi.com> wrote:
> I have looked at both thanks for the feedback.  I am trying to weigh my
> options.  I have a MESA 5I20 that I am currently using mostly for general
> I/O for the toolchanger but also planned to use it for the AXIS control.  I
> am looking for the best bang for the buck.  I am not finding very many
> companys that offer big enough drives for the size motors I am using.

How big do you need? As you have the 5i20 I would think that a Mesa
drive would integrate most neatly.

The Mesa 7i29 has two 2kW / 175V  channels ($299, $150 per motor) and
you can connect two of them (ie 4 axes) to a single 5i20 header.

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"