On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 04:05:31PM -0700, Cliff Blackburn wrote:
> I think you just need to issue a spindle speed command greater then zero
> with your M3 command.
>
> > net spindle-on<= motion.spindle-on
> > net spindle-on =>  parport.0.pin-14-out

Yes, I've just done this myself for a laser cutter.  `M3 S1' is sufficient.
Originally I used M62/63/65 alone but the spindle-on interacts nicely with
job start/stop whereas a digital output will happily stay on.  My HAL has
several ways to turn the laser on now which go into a lut5 that uses
motion.spindle-on as a master enable.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<b...@ben.com>