On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 12:48:25AM +0100, andy pugh wrote:

> As of yesterday, M67 is working (in the 2.5 branch and Master), if you
> need to output an analogue value synchronous to motion.
> (It had been quietly documented but non-functioning for quite a long time)
> This is probably the way to go for analogue laser engraving, less so
> for cutting.

When I tried it (before I discovered M67 wasn't working in 2.4) what I
found was that the motion planner slows down at each segment making it
useless for engraving.  My theory (which I haven't verified in the code
because it's a bit of a maze to the uninitiated!) is that the G64 support
for making all those straight movements into a single pass is defeated
by the M commands between the consecutive X moves.

Right now I'm doing bitmap engraving using streamer + HAL magic inspired
by the Hacklab laser setup.  Power is set by M68 and is constant for the
entire job (at least for a single engraving).  Now that I know more HAL
magic I could see setting up M3 Sxxx to drive the PWM instead.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<b...@ben.com>