2011/9/29 Martin Patton <mart...@gmail.com>:

> The part looked right but the caliper says every dimension cut a little small.

What is the range of deviances? What I mean, how consistent is the
deviance in dimensions? Is it very close in all directions, is the
error along one of the joints or is it completely random? I think that
each of these cases will lead to different potential causes  of the
problem.

> Is there a good post
> on calibrating for a stepper motor machine?

I think that cause of problem should be eliminated rather than trying
to adjust g-code to it. Even more - if You do not know the cause, You
will not be able to treat it in g-code anyway, because You need to
know, what should be adjusted to workaround those deviances in
dimensions.
I think that first thing for stepper machine to try is playing with
acceleration and velocity parameters. And next thing is actually
testing the machine and understand those deviances - is there
particular direction, where they occur etc.

Viesturs