Hi everybody,

As mentioned in an earlier mail, I'm using EMC for
my faom cutting machine. I mainly cut wing panels
for model air planes, which have quite often a
tapered layout. The Axes of the machine are XY and
UV. In the G-code file the speed is set to e.g.
100mm/min. Higher speeds are not suitable, because
the wire can't follow through the foam block. When
the root of the panel is near the X axis the U
axis tries to reach its position at the same time
as the X axis and though exeeding the speed set in
the G code. The hot wire can't then follow on the
U side. I think that the set speed is for the X/Y
axis and the U/V axis try to follow the X/Y axis
to be at the same time in place when the X/Y axis
reache their position.

I found a work around with limiting the speed in
the INI file with the consequence, that the jog
speed is also limited, which is quite boring. The
other possibility is to have the root near the U
axis and cut the profile one time normal and the
other time up side down. This way I also get
symmetrical panels.

Is their a possibility to solve this problem in
the configuration?

Regards Peter Georgi