On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 09:47 -0500, kqt4a...@comcast.net wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Kirk Wallace wrote:
... snip
> > This ER tool holder could be used with a couple of bearings, pulleys and
> > timing belt to your existing spindle motor.
>
> Can you point me to a USA source for pillow-blocks good for 35000 rpm
... snip

For me, I'd look at something like these bearings:
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/kit8550

mounted in a steel tube with perhaps threaded end caps and shims to
adjust pre-load. These are labeled deep groove, ABEC rated angular
contact bearings would probably be better. Two with pre-load at the
chuck end and one at the other. There have been others on this list that
have actually made their own spindle, rather than me just talking about
it. In other words I could be completely wrong.

Something similar:
http://thebloughs.net/hobbies/metalworking/quorn/#quill_
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=46172

--