On Monday, December 12, 2011 08:12:23 AM Mark Wendt did opine:

> On 12/11/2011 01:19 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> > For a new bee, the lingo can be confusing.  We routinely do things in
> > linux because we can, that would give a windows administrator
> > nightmares as the user simply cannot be trusted to do it himself. (in
> > their considered opinion that is.)  Sometimes the gene pool is
> > contaminated. :)
>
> Gene,
>
> Being a sysadmin, mainly for Unix servers and such along with a ton of
> Winders users here at the Lab, I can honestly say "their considered
> opionion" is correct 99 times out of 100.  ;-)

Chuckle, probably so, but only because the winderz users refuse to actually
learn.  We're back to Art Clarks observation that any sufficiently advanced
technology is indistinguishable from magic.  And you are the resident
Magicion.

> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Mark

Cheers, Gene
Base 8 is just like base 10, if you are missing two fingers.
                -- Tom Lehrer

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011