dave wrote:
> The fancy encoder on some Fanuc motors comes to mind. I think Jon Elson
> doped out how to read one of them.

Yup, Fanuc serial pulse coders come in 64K, 128K and 1 million count
versions.
The 64K don't dither at all, too.  These have A860-xxx part numbers, and are
called the (alpha) (A or I) (64 or 128 or 1M) so you can construct your own
descriptor.

I do know how to read these out, but don't have a finished product yet.

Jon