On 28 Dec 2011, at 05:52, "Rudy du Preez" <r...@asmsa.co.za> wrote:

> If I use a G55 of say G55 c45 nothing happens.
> I hope the problem is now clearer and look forward to some response

Yes, I now understand that you want to pass a tool XYZAC to the G code and have
EMC2 convert the A and C to movements in joints 3 and 5.

I am assuming that when you say "g55 c45" that is a shorthand for "g10 L2 C45 /
g55"? I am fairly sure that an axis word on the same line an a G55 is simply
interpreted as a movement, and will be fast or slow dependent on whether G1 or
G0 is active.

I think the complication in your case is that you want to index explicitly in
joint 5 not in World C to move from vane to vane, the G55 offset can only ever
be in tool angle. I think that your vane-to-vane indexing will need to be an
extra pin input into your kinematics routine.
(or alternatively an offset component in the HAL between the position-command
and the stepgen or pid. )