On 1/5/2012 8:45 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 5 January 2012 13:41, Edward Bernard<yankeelena2...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> How do you deal with cooling issues having all that gear in one enclosure?
>>
> I don't know yet.
> The actual servo drives will be external (and near the motors) though,
> so the only heat in there should be from the low-power motherboard.

If the surrounding environment is not too hostile, the easiest way is to
blow air through the box - like a PC.   The MW525 does not require a fan
so if you create a breeze across
the heat sink it should be cooled sufficiently in even a hot
environment.   If everything is in a sealed box the only alternative is
to blow air across the components inside the box and make sure the box
is large enough to become warm yet dissipate the heat
into the cooler surrounding air.   A MW525 system throws off about 20
watts of heat.

I recently bought some of these to help keep dust and dirt out of a PC
enclosure in dirty environment.   Along with a good 120 mm fan,
something like this would be useful in some industrial environments to
ventilate a cabinet with filtered air.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5554585&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals

The Intel bios has a display that will show you the CPU core temperature
so you can get an idea of how efficiently your enclosure is keeping your
PC boards cool.

Dave