I use a D945GSEJT (single core atom 1.6GHz) in that kind of configuration -
I've disabled X11, so I always boot to a command prompt.  I have a KVM if I
need it.  Jitter - 6873/6755.  When running a desktop it glitches to about
15000.

I still haven't removed all unnecessary daemons.  My plan is to have emc
completely controlled by my pendant so it will be headless.

Try it