On 11 January 2012 11:58, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0dca/0900766b80dca34c.pdf

> On page nr 9 I found a scheme of "Typical application connection".
> Do I understand correctly that anything within the blue frame already
> is on that board?

Yes. I would suggest opto-isolators between the IRAMS and the 5i23 or
whatever, though.

> Anyone willing to consult me?

I made mine do this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/108164504656404380542/Gibbs#5469721364857131746
So might not be the ideal consultant

Mk2 had heatsinking, but I think that died too:
https://picasaweb.google.com/108164504656404380542/Gibbs#5471910659108799346
I can't recally if it was just the surge-limiter that went, or if it
died completely when I was trying to use it as a VFD with an ordinary
induction motor.

> EMF constant * RPM + Peak current * Terminal resistance = Voltage

Ah, yes, I forgot to consider the ohmic losses, 1500rom is a bit pedestrian.

> Any chance You might do some basic tests in a nearest future? That
> would give me some idea, if 8i20s might be used for the task.

I am a bit puzzled. The 8i20 is a 2.2kW drive, with up to 30A. Pete is
concerned that 1A (and currents from there to zero) are a bit small
for the internal calculations. However, a 750W motor is good
proportion of the power rating, if not the current rating.

Matt Shaver is running a 1kW motor with a max current of 7.5A on an
8i20, though that is a spindle application, so might not be directly
comparable.

I am going to be away from all computers for 6 weeks at the end of
March, if you are not sorted out by then then I might be able to loan
you one of my 8i20s.

(sourceforge blocked this message the first time I sent it, so I have
cc-ed Visteurs directly. I don't know if this will get through to the
list)

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.