On 11 January 2012 14:11, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yes. I would suggest opto-isolators between the IRAMS and the 5i23 or
>> whatever, though.
>
> Are You saying that optoisolator will not disturb PWM signal? Somehow
> I am convinced that it will...

It shouldn't, much, if you have a fast enough one.

> BTW I was warned that there should be considered protection for the
> board from overvoltages, coming from motors. Is that correct and how
> is that usually implemented?

Freewheeling diodes. You can see one across every power stage in the
H-bridge. Effectively there is a 3-phase bridge-rectifier built into
the H-bridge, and any voltages > bus voltage are shuttled into the bus
caps. Those need to be big enough to absorb the current without
pushing the voltage too high.

> The first picture is so obvious that I even I understand, but I have
> difficulties with the second picture - what should I look at?

Well, it just shows that I added a huge heat-sink for the drive and rectifier.

> Thank You for the offer! But then I have to get You a replacement, if
> I blow it up...

Yes, what my motorcycling friends call "Big boy's rules" (you crash
it, you fix/replace it)

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.