From: "Michael Haberler" <mai...@mah.priv.at>
<snip>

> it looks like you have an existing emc installation and the python code
> picks up emc.so from that installation
>
> if it is run-in-place, it shouldnt import emc.so from
> /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/
>
> did you run
>
> . emc2-dev/scripts/emc-environment?
>

> - Michael

Michael - thanks for the reply.

I think the environment setting script is "emc2-dev/scripts/rip-environment"
now and I had run that just before the quoted stuff from the terminal.

Here is the contents of my emc2-dev/scripts/rip-environment

www.castlewoodconsultants.com/Misc/rip-environment

The modules seem to be being loaded from the right place until emc.so

I will have to re-read the search path rules in Python as it is a bit of a
black art to me.

Another oddity is that Glade will not open glade-manual.ui as it says it
cannot find the gladevcp catalog..

Do you think a clean Ubuntu install and pull then compile of 2.5_branch
would be the best course?

John Prentice