Am 22.01.2012 um 19:56 schrieb John Prentice:

>> I suggest you remove the existing emc2 packages and configure for normal
>> install (not RIP)
>>
>> glade should work then, and likely the import issue goes away - having two
>> different versions of emc installed in different places on the same
>> machine is usually asking for troubles
>>
>> - Michael
>
> Oh dear - I am just discovering how little I understand.

I need to correct myself - glade should run just fine with RIP (checked on
current v2.5_branch).

> I can run the compiled version by using
>
> . scripts/linuxcnc
>
> but when I quit LinuxCNC the terminal closes instantly. dmesg does not seem
> to have anything about this. What mght be happening here?

"the terminal" seems to be the linuxcnc config selection box, not a shell window

to see more detail:

- open a terminal window
- if RIP, '. scripts/rip-environment'
- cd to, say, configs/gladevcp
- run 'linuxcnc gladevcp_tab.ini'

if linuxcnc cops out, it will give an obituary in the shell window

-m