Am 21.01.2012 um 20:10 schrieb Ed Nisley:

> The RepRap dialect seems to be diverging fairly rapidly from what the
> LinuxCNC parser understands; in particular, their myriad M codes look
> like a problem.

new M-codes are really easy to introduce into the LinuxCNC G-code interpreter

here's an example where the semantics of the new code is defined by an O-word
procedure; alternatively by Python:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/structure.html#_an_minimal_example_remapped_code

---

the issue IMO is only marginally technical - like the lack of extensibility or
plugin capability at the language or UI layers.

I cannot discern any current plans of LinuxCNC project beyond the fabrication
of next release, or any planning discussion for that matter. And outreach into
fields like the reprap community doesnt happen by incidental interest alone. So
there you have it: LinuxCNC in the chipmaking corner of the CNC universe.

- Michael