Am 22.01.2012 um 03:17 schrieb Scott Hasse:

> Perhaps it is a lost cause, but having some sort of
> what I would call a "gcode lint" tool would allow people who sometimes take
> a naive approach to gcode extension to have an reality check.

a parser with one of the mentioned tools surely can be done

however, from a "gcode lint" perspective the parser only might be of limited
value because syntax is the easy part, especially with postwar tools

note that many syntactic correct G-code programs may fail execution, because
combinations of legit syntactic constructs and interpreter/machine/config state
may be invalid

the tough part is the semantic checking, where a scanner/parser generator isnt
much help; there's not much wiggling around replicating the execution model and
state, which basically leads you to a rewrite of the existing interpreter

--

that might be a worthwhile project in its own though because the current
interpreter doesnt exactly use bleeding-edge scanning & parsing practices,

drop me a note if you're interested

-m