I'm trying to get my SJ200 VFD connected with Modbus. In preparation for
this I ported a MVX9000 which I had on the shelf. It turned out to be a
slam dunk, almost.
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/EMC2/mvx9000/

The SJ200 is a different story. It turns out Hitachi made a rev. 1 and 2
of the hardware, and the register addresses are different. I only found
the rev. 1 manuals on-line, but fortunately had a paper manual, that I
finally found, which indicated what the problem was.

Plus, there is conflicting information in the application notes about
the resister addresses being offsets from the register type base
address. For holding registers, it appears to be 40001. In practice
thogh, the Modbus query uses only the offset and the query type, read
holding register in this case, and the absolute address is handled
inside the VFD.

I am able to modpoll the proper registers now, but I have a problem with
reading more than two holding registers in my component. It looks like
I'll need to get into the bowels of libmodbus, unless someone here has
dealt with this problem and can provide some advise. Thanks.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html