Part of linuxcnc's strength lies in its configurability, not just the fact
that it is doing the low level bit banging necessary to run a machine.  It
seems that there needs to be functionality built in to allow something down
the line of kmotion? perhaps?  I know this doesn't seem like fun to the
developers, and I can understand.  It just seems like trouble to always be
in question about whether or not a particular new machine will cut the
mustard, latency wise.  It seems that any new machine should be able to
qualify to run linuxcnc, in some form or other.