Dynomotion cards are oftentimes used with a Mach3 front end.

If you read the Mach3 Forum and email list there always seems to be some
customization of the software/firmware required in order to implement a
complete solution.

 From what I have read, Dynomotion usually does the customization.

I'm doing some work on Fanuc 18i/T systems.  The control runs a Hardinge
lathe equipped with a gantry part loader/unloader system.  The lathe has
an X and Z servo of course and also a servo for the turret.
The gantry loader has two servos and  a number of air valves to control
two part grippers and a wrist rotator at the end of the gantry arm.
The 18i/T controller is really interesting in that it has two completely
separate tool paths each with their own Gcode files.  In this case one
tool path runs the lathe axes and the other runs the gantry axes.   The
machine also has about 150 I/O points via some Fanuc I/O cards.
There is almost 1800 rungs of ladder logic that coordinate the  lathe
and the gantry.
The current problem is that the interlocking between the gantry and the
lathe is lacking and they keep crushing the gantry arm between the
turret and the spinning spindle as the lathe tool path sometimes ignores
the gantry tool path.
The interlocking mechanisms between the tool paths is via the ladder
logic and it is all quite elegant even for an older controller.
I figured out a solution to the interlock problem and I need to go back
in there and install the solution on 4 of their lathes.  They are
running 24-7 so it is hard to take the lathes offline even to implement
an important fix like this.
While I was there they were replacing the viewing safety glass in two of
the lathes - the glass was broken from components flying off the gantry
arm as the turret shoved the gantry arm into the spinning spindle.  I
didn't see any of the damaged gantry arms but I was told
that it was mechanically gruesome.  ;-)  What a mess!

Dave