IEFBR14 was my favorite utility.  That, the internal card reader and
dependent job control (in JES2 and JES3), were my favorite utilities
and features back in the MVS days.  I did start with MFT and HASP.
Once I finally understood JCL as a real language, it became as
powerful as any other language, and could do things others couldn't
(or would be harder to use for the purpose).

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

(Yes, I am still a geek.  Finally of retirement age.  I purchased an
Altair 8800 with my first 'real job' paycheck after college.  And so
much more money has gone down the computer rat hole since... I don't
want to think about it!)