I tried pncconf, obviously there is an issue, as it gives me the joint
following error.  The supplied 5i20 example works with some changes.

I don't mind writing my own, its just that details are so sketchy and I
don't know where to get information.  I am blindly kludging around trying
to get a grasp on basics here.