feedrate is still a gotcha for short arc segments on some machine controls.
g17 g2 arclength around .005", z change 2" faults the servo system at f20".
turns out the feed is also interpolated in one of the three usable control
interpolation planes, leaving a coordindated helix out of bounds for the servo
system in some cases.

i'm wondering how linuxcnc handles helical feedrates.  have not done any
experiments, except for a couple of xa feeds that didnt go intuitively.