Jon

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
> Viesturs Lācis wrote:
>> I also agree that separate filter would be better. Because the problem
>> is solely in the g-code, so the filter to sort out the code is needed.
>> With proper code the existing LinuxCNC can completely handle the job.
>>
> Not completely. Some very correct G-code cannot be fixed completely outside
> LinuxCNC. You have a case where smooth curves cover a surface, but then
> at the end
> of a curve it has to turn around and go back the other way. The machine
> can handle
> the smooth curve at high speed because it is smooth. But, LinuxCNC
> requires it
> never exceed a velocity where it can stop on the next block. If you fix
> all the
> velocities so the motion hardware would never be maxed out, LinuxCNC
> will still limit the velocity. So, there needs to be an option where
> this limiting
> could be turned off. Then you are at the mercy of assuring that the
> filter never
> asks for more accel than the motion hardware can deliver.
>
> Jon

here's how one group worked with the fast turn around at edge of work
the machine tool was like the emc2-bipod and the software built
huge arcs into the endmotions to keep velocity up and dampen the bipod swing

the effort was http://hektor.ch

and the added arcs that kept the velocity up are seen on
http://hektor.ch/About/Interface.gif/

the red lines are the programmed paths
the blue lines are the addition motion added to allow a constant velocity.

kinda fun
a cam solution to the machine's capabilties
(not a control solution)

regards
tomp