Greetings;

As I read the hal manuals getting started section, where the keywords
loadrt, setp, addf, and net are defined, I didn't understand at first that
arg[3], arg[4] arg[5] etc of a "net" commend can be repeated to add sending
something from arg[2] to more than one load.  But I can't name a previously
used output and send it to the 2nd place it needs to go.  Its s show
stopper error.

Is this intentional, or do I likely have a deeper miss-understanding?

What I am trying to do is incorporate the
"Closed_Loop_Spindle_Speed_Control" hal bits & pieces into an existing hal
file that already controls the speed just fine from the gui or in an .ngc
program.  The existing speed control however isn't that 'stiff' down at the
ranges one uses for threading, so the speed control needs more low speed
gain.

I am assuming of course that the 'net' is arg[0] for that line of hal, and
that the next argument, arg[1] is an arbitrary name for the 'net' signal,
arg[2] then is the source of the signal or data, arg[3] is the first of a
list of places to send that signal.  No mention of a "fanout" limit if
there is one.

Feature request:

If the docs little 4 box flow graphic in the net section showing how
parallel loads can be driven could be clarified by adding the arg(count) to
the existing text in the boxes, that would make it lots clearer to me &
probably others too, in trying to teach their machine new tricks.  I was
also surprised to read that the <= and => bits were thrown away, they are
only to help us humans.

And if there is a fanout limit, it probably should be quantified just for
completeness.  But I expect anything over 4 is unlikely to be used in the
real world anyway.  Famous last words of course. :)

I have made an entry in that machines /etc/exports to try and setup an nfs4
export of /home/gene, and I have modprobe'd nfs but I am not seeing that
share here. An lsmod says the nfs module has no users, zero links.

So, how do I go about setting it so it Just Works(TM) on bootup?  That is
10-04 LTS 32 bit on that atom box.

Thanks & Cheers, Gene
If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.
                -- Louis Armstrong