On 5 May 2012 18:06, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> And its long list of options is something that could be readily calculated
> from the thread pitch, clipping off the top and bottom 10% of to fit the
> usual USS and USF thread profile, s

This would be less useful for those of us who only ever make metric or
Whitworth threads, though.

However, it would be trivial to create a G-code sub to take only
thread diameter and finish Z and calculate the rest itself.

I agree, though, that it is non-trivial to figure out which parameters
are in diameter mode and which are radial.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.