Is there a simple conversational way in Linuxcnc (2.5) to cut a straight line
or a simple pattern?  After cutting some parts on a large sheet with the plasma
machine today we wanted to cut a straight line starting from a touch off point
at a specific feed rate ending at a specific distance.  This was to cut off a
remnant.  We also wanted to cut a simple pattern that went from touch off point
to 24" in Y, then -5' in X, then 24" in Y and stop.  We need to set the feed
rate and turn on the torch as well.  Other than whip up a quick g-code program
(which works obviously), is there a utility that a more novice person could use
to do this?

I see Sheetcam has a remnant function which is nice, but it would still be
useful in the event you didn't set that up in advance....

Tom