On Friday, May 25, 2012 04:16:35 PM John Thornton did opine:

> It's two miles away up on the highway. The cost would be enormous to get
> 3 phase out here in the woods. Just guessing based on other information
> I've gathered about bringing 3 phase to a shop about 50k or so to bring
> 3 phase to my shop.  Heck they wanted 15k to connect up my other brother
> John's shop and the 3 phase is hanging on the pole 50' from his shop.
> Plus they have a minimum monthly charge that would buy a phase perfect
> rather fast.
>
> John

Sounds like somebody wants to gouge because today, they have only meter
readers and have to farm out the construction.  I've heard of 25k/mile
before, but it was never done for the obvious reason.  The latter sounds
like a variation of demand billing.  And that is an old old practice they
don't mention in the fine print.  If you have 2 transmitters, it will cost
quite a bit to test one into a dummy load while the other is on the air.
Unforch, the commission demands the backup be tested and verified weekly.

But I did have to ask...

Cheers, Gene
Drop that pickle!