I did not realize that you were running the power through a step up
transformer in the machine.

I don't think that another reactor is going to help.  That transformer
is going to clean up the power a lot also.

What I would do is to write down all of the part numbers you have in the
611 Rack, just go left to right and also include the commutating reactor
in the list,
and give these guys a call.

*Siemens Industry, Inc.,* 390 Kent Ave., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007,
(847) 640-1595, /www.usa.siemens.com/motioncontrol/
<http://www.usa.siemens.com/motioncontrol>

If that number doesn't get you to tech support for some reason, call
1-800-333-7421 and they should be able to redirect your call.

Ask for Tech Support, they will ask what equipment you are calling
about, tell them you have a 611 drive system and are having problems
with it and looking for advice.    Give them your company name and
contact info etc etc...
When you talk to the Tech guy, tell them that the 611 is installed in
CNC machine, (important - as they work mostly with CNC machine
applications), you are having some power issues, and you are
looking for advice.  Tell them you are trying to run the machine off of
a rotary phase converter, that the phase converter works on your other
machines just fine, then tell them how the 611 reacts/faults.

Give them all and any information.

Sometimes if they get backed up they will put you into a wait list and
call you back when they become available.  That is perfectly normal.
**
Most of the people there are friendly.  If they sound rushed or stressed
out, tell them your situation is not an emergency and they can call you
back if that would be better, etc.
I would not call towards the end of the day (after 3:30pm or so, they
are on central time - Chicago) as work tends to stack up for them near
the end of the day.

If for some reason you get an uncooperative person who simply does not
want to assist, politely cut the conversation off and call back again in
a few days - chances are you will get someone else.

It is possible that there are some parameters in the drive system that
can be changed in order to make the 611 less power sensitive.   They
would know that.

If so, ask them what software packages would be required to make the
parameter changes and what parameters would need to be altered.    You
might want to ask them if the manuals for your drive system and the
software is on the web.  If it is they will probably offer to send you
the web links via an email.

For the most part, the people in Elk Grove are incredibly helpful, but
the tech support guys sometimes get hammered and their stress can become
evident on the phone.
I used to work for Siemens.  Not directly for that group, but I talked
to them frequently.   I was in the automation business group.

Dave