John Thornton wrote:
> When it trips it is so fast you can't see any change on the meter, if
> only I had an analog meter I could watch the needle swing.

Right, that's why I was suggesting making the spindle accelerate to just
less than what
causes it to trip.  I assume the spindle takes a second or so to spin up
to 2000 RPM.
That should be enough to detect a voltage dip (or surge).  You say the
DC bus
does NOT fluctuate when it trips, is that right?

Jon