Dave wrote:
> If the CNC control is GE, then the drives and likely GE also.
>
> I know a guy who might have some parts and manuals for that control if you
> decide to get it going.

URRRrrp!  No, unless it is totally functional after the move, it would
most likely be
a complete waste of time to try to resurrect such an ancient control.
If GE, that
means PRE-Fanuc, so we are talking DTL ICs, maybe, from the mid -60s,
and about 250 separate PC boards and 1000+ chips.  Also, quite possibly,
PRE CNC, meaning no computer, and therefore, no diagnostics.  If a chip was
bad, it would do crazy motions when you gave certain commands, and you
had to infer the bad chip from the numbers involved.  YUCK!  I just had some
experiences trying to get some GE Hi-Ak drive running, and after several
puffs
of smoke, the guy gave up and got some Copley amps on eBay.  he had 3 or 4
complete controls there, but they just kept burning up.  I guess when
this old
gear sits for too many years, it gets very hard to bring them back to life,
what with bad capacitors and dirty connectors.

Jon