On 3 June 2012 15:17, Jack Coats <j...@coats.org> wrote:
Today, I think of 3D printing as high tech, if I had grandkids (none yet)
they would not know a world without it being available, and would ask me
what that box on the wall with a hand crank is (it is a telephone from my
wifes grandad's home, still has room for B batteries inside, and has a
generator on the other end of a crank ... no dial)

In 10-15 years we will have Compaq or GE or Fujilkjlfkja :) making 3D
printers and scanner multi-function replicators we can buy at Walmart or
Best Buy (I would have said Sears and Wards 20 years ago).  And that will
be the norm for another generation.

*"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --
Arthur C. Clarke*
*

Well, here's a fleshy take on 3D printing. Probably the best answer to my
original question. Very worthwhile if you're the one waiting in the queue...

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/anthony_atala_printing_a_human_kidney.html

Regards
Roland