From: andy pugh [bodge...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 1:15 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] A axis and spindle

On 4 July 2012 21:00, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> And, how to do this without causing a momentary huge following error

Ah, yes. Good point.
Given that, I think it has got to the point where a custom HAL module
is called for which mediates the position feedback. (though another
mux to short-circuit the feedback would work, connecting
axis.M.pos-feedback to either position-command or encoder-position as
required. (possibly triggered by a timedelay component).
The spindle doesn't have an f-error problem. I guess you could just
ignore f-error on A too, and short-circuit the feedback.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.