I have a lathe setup using Jons Universal PWM controller and DC brush Amps

I want to set it up so the spindle can be used as an a axis

I was think of using the 4th servo port to control the spindle with one of
his amps.

the spindle has a 90v DC motor on it

the spindle has a 500 count incremental AB index encoder on it that I'm
going to attach to the 4th encoder input on the controller board

I just a can't figure out how to connect the hal to the spindle controls
then switch it back to A axis

I want to be able to turn down the part then change the tool to drimal type
cutter tool and cut a pattern into the peace with one gcode file

Is this possible?