Steve Blackmore wrote:

> Same thing here too with G33. LinuxCNC is coats of paint better than
> Mach at threading, but it's not right. Twitchy is the best description I
> can give,
>
> I have two CNC lathes, they are radically different with hardware but
> both behave the same - they jitter really bad.
>
> It was originally reported years ago, with no response :(

Hmm, strange!  I have been rigid tapping on two machines for a couple
years with
LinuxCNC.  One machine has a super-oddball spindle encoder with 6912
counts/rev,
so I can understand why that one has no problems.  But, the Bridgeport
has an
encoder made by putting gear tooth sensors on the spindle bull gear, and
it has
only 324 quadrature counts/rev.  But, it taps great, using G33.1
There are no growling noises or other problems I can see or hear.
I do tend to do the tapping fairly fast, using 1000 RPM typically on the
4-40 taps, but have run it from 200 up to 1200 RPM without trouble.

Jon