On 20.07.12 12:18, Jon Elson wrote:
> Erik Christiansen wrote:
> > Would it help if we again posted some advice on how to most easily
> > change the uids on one host to match another?
> >
> Gee, something like :
> sudo chown -Rf x:y directory
> will do most of the job, then you need to make sure the group and owners
> exist.  Edit the file /etc/group and passwd with the right group and
> user IDs.

Yes, but having posted a more verbose version of that last time IDs were
a problem, I wasn't going to push it a second time if it wasn't welcome.
However, it looks like the IDs are tidied up now, so we're denied that
quick fix.

Erik

--
That's one of the remarkable things about life.
It's never so bad that it can't get worse.