On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> I don't use NFS, just sftp, and it works fine and is pretty easy to move
> files around between
> machines.

if you set up mediawiki or svn as a server on one of your machines, you can
use use the resulting web server to serve files.  Clients use wget to copy
files.  Between wget and scp, I never use sftp any more.  We download the
same files to many clients, wget just seems to be the easiest way to do
that.
Eric