On 08/07/2012 05:01 PM, Alexander Grill wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't have a Step-Direction based card installed (I plan
> to build a new one based on TB6560 or A3977, but that is rather a long
> term goal). In the mean time, i want to use my old card (EMIS SMC-800),
> which cannot be driven directly by linuxcnc.
   From what I read, this card is only capable of driving a maximum of
800mA.  I don't know if you can order from these guys from where you
are, but for anything under 2.0A these look like a good buy:

http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1182

   I believe the step generators (in the right mode) in LinuxCNC can
drive the phase inputs of this type of board in full step easily, but I
haven't looked into any modes that use more than 2 pins to add current
control to the mix.